.

.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

8:1 - Garrulous

When & Where: I was in class for LTED 626 and listening to a presentation, when the presenter used the word garrulous to describe her student. She said, "When he's engaged, he's garrulous and lively."

Level of Familiarity: I've heard this word before and I remember it being one of my SAT vocabulary words, but I can't remember what it means. Based on the context, I'd guess that it means energetic or animated.

What it Means: "Excessively talkative, especially on trivial matters" (www.dictionary.com)

Reflective Commentary: I think this is a useful word to know because I have come across it a few times. The definition is easy to remember and it is also a good word to describe characters/characterization in novels. I'm going to try and use this word in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment