.

.

Friday, September 27, 2013

4:2 - Indelible

When & Where: I came across the word indelible almost immediately after stumbling across guileful. I was reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (2006) before bed when the main character, Colin, says "I won a...game show a year ago? That's my indelible mark on human history?" (p.39)

Level of Familiarity: I have seen this word so many times and I have never known what it means! I never stopped to look it up until now, though. I usually just keep on reading.

What it Means: www.dictionary.com says, "Making marks that can never be removed."

Reflective Commentary: I definitely want to try and use this word. I feel as though I've heard it enough times over the years so that I will actually remember what it means and can therefore use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment